It is always fun to visit the markets in the city as this place can be one of the most local area in the city. You will be able to find a lot of stalls with local food and products and even local people!
Borough Market is a wholesale and retail food market in Southwark, Central London. It is one of the largest and oldest food markets in London. In 2014, it celebrated its 1,000th birthday. The retail market operates on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 5pm, Fridays from 10am to 6pm, and Saturdays from 8 am to 5 pm. The wholesale market operates on all weekday mornings from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Inside Borough Market you will find some famous shops such as:
1. Monmouth Coffee: 35 years on yet still one of well-known coffee shops in London. Sell coffee and simple pastries. Beans can also be purchased here.
2. Pieminister: Award-winning British pies. Using free-range pork, chicken and farm assured products to deliver the best taste.
3. Scotchtails: From original pork scotch eggs to squid and chorizo, you will find many different types of eggs to choose from. Eggs chosen from Buford Browns to achieve rich and vibrant yolk.
4. Ion Patisserie: You can find all the homemade backing dessert here! Particularly famed for its mouth-watering array of cheesecakes but you can also find plenty of other cakes and pastries to enjoy.
5. Hobbs Meat Roast: Been 25 years, selling hot meat baguettes include roast loin of pork with stuffing and apple sauce, turkey breast with stuffing and cranberry sauce, and salt beef with dill pickle and mustard. You will expect long queue with regulars.